Stay engaged with our community! Community Days provide structured and planned opportunities to visit Heathcote’s forested rural property. Community Days can include taking a tour, asking questions of a host member of Heathcote, lending a hand at tasks or just reconnecting with the community. During that time, you will have a chance to meet other attendees and talk with your host about the organization, land, and membership process at Heathcote.
The most popular way to visit Heathcote is to attend one or more of our Community Days. Community Days in 2023 will be scheduled every third Sunday each month, except during the cold and unpredictable months of January and February. We may also schedule Virtual Days, depending on member availability and interest. Arrival for scheduled Community Days is usually around 1pm. Tours and activities can last 2-3 hours and include meeting one or more Heathcote members.
Tours usually meet near the parking area in front of the old mill.
We do not charge for this event but we happily accept donations to support it.
- Community tour: Suggested sliding scale donation: $5-$10 per person.
- Food: We will provide a vegetarian snack.
- Lodging: Please let us know if you’re coming from a distance and need to place to stay. The suggested donation for overnight lodging is $25-$50/night.
Things to bring to Visitor Day might include:
- Work clothes that can get dirty
- Gloves (though we also have gloves on-hand upon request)
- Weather appropriate clothing (rain gear, coats)
- Sun protection
- Bug protection
Please RSVP to attend a Community Day.
Visiting by Appointment
Visits can also be arranged by appointment. Contact us to request something that fits both our schedules. Use the contact form below.
Other ways to visit
We also offer internship and volunteer opportunities. For more information, use the contact form below. If you are specifically interested in the land garden project, check back for updates as this is a project in forming.
- Do not bring dogs or cats with you on your visit.
- Heathcote is a smoking-free environment. Please use designated smoking areas. Ask a your host where those areas are.
- Community Days are family-friendly events. Please don’t bring drugs or alcohol.
For specific and for general directions, see our list.
Please use the contact form below to arrange a Community Day or to request more information. When we respond to your visit request, we will also send a complete list of procedures and advisements:
Advisement: There are deer ticks in our woods and it is best to check yourself for ticks shortly after your departure. Some visitors opt to apply a tick repellent such as pyrethrum prior to their arrival.